Don’t use this base If you care about the second star more than the third one!
TH9 War Base Triton’s Features:
- 5 viable locations for Double Giant Bomb.
- Very hard to lure the Clan troops.
- Unique Air Defense placements.
- Wizard Towers are not locked on Air Defenses = Anti-Lava Hound.
- Asymmetrical design.
- Nice “Storage Wall”.
- Nice Spring Traps placement for dealing with Hog Riders.
How this TH9 War Base works?
Anti-GoLaLoonGoLaLoon is one of the most powerful army compositions at Town Hall 9, which can destroy most base layouts easily. So how well does this base work versus GoLaLoon?
As the attackers, If we want to attack with GoLaLoon, we need to care about 9 units in the enemy base: 4 Wizard Towers, 4 Air Defenses and the Archer Queen. For a decent attack, we need to take down at least 2 of those 9 units with the Kill Squad, including the Archer Queen.
As the defender, to prevent the attacker from taking 2 units at the starting, there is just one Air Defense nearby the Archer Queen.
Most smart attackers never start attacking from the Town Hall compartment when they attack this base layout because of the Archer Queen + Air Defense nearby, which can hit their troops badly. They will attack from the nearby compartment, but If they do that, they will be forced to our high HP Storages. Another small feature of this base is that the Archer Queen can’t be lured until the Golems finish the top Hidden Tesla.
- Orange = Where most players start attacking.
- Green = Where most players drop the Jump Spell.
- Red = High HP Storages work as the big wall.
- Blue = Where the Queen can be lured out.
Some players like attacking from the South but that is even worse than from the North!
The South Air Defense is heavily fortified by 2 Storages and a prefect pathing. Let’s take a look at the screenshot above for more details!
How about 2 sides?
Although Attacking from the side can take down 2 key defenses but it is nearly impossible to kill the Archer Queen because she joins the attack pretty late. The Golems will be quickly disintegrated because of the high damage X-Bow there. It is pretty hard to drop the Jump Spell because the Heroes will always can move into a wrong compartment (yellow arrows below).
Anti-GoHogsAnother powerful attack strategy at Town Hall 9 is GoHogs and its variations. For example, HoGoWiWi always need to kill the Archer Queen at first with the killquad and then Hog Riders can take down the remaining defenses easily. One of the keys for stopping GoHogs attacks is using the Giant Bombs wisely. This base has plenty of Double Giant Bomb spots, I can see that all players who attack this base with Hogs are all failed at the first time. Two DGB sposts of this base work amazingly.
Let’s assume that the is already known. A Jump Spell + GoWiWi army can break inside easily and then kill the Archer Queen. After that, Hog Riders will be sent from other sides. The screenshot below shows possible Hog pathings and how well the Double Giant Bomb spots are!
- Orange = Where the players start attacking with GoWiWi.
- Red = The area get attacked by the killsquad.
- Blue = Hog Rider’s pathing.
- Green = Jump Spell.
- Purple = Other places where you can put DGB.
Anto-Surgical Hog AttacksSurgical Hog Rider is the most prevalent strategy these days in Clan Wars because of its efficiency and ease.
There are 2 ways to counter the Surgical Hog Rider strategy, they are either shallowing the X-Bows or layered key defenses. This base layout is focused on the second one.
Assuming that the attacker is raiding this layout the second time, he knows where the Giant Bombs are. The screenshot below depicts the best attack he can do and how the base still can stop him again:
- Anti GoLo: If the attackers want to go with GoLo variations, even If they can take down all 3 Air Defenses, they will never have enough Balloons to finish the attack.
- Anti GoWiPe/GoWiWi/GoWiVa: With 12 compartments, most these attacks just can’t get more than 60% of the base If the attackers come from the top. If the attackers want to go from another side, they may even can’t get the second star. GoWiWi is not a good choice at all for the attacker If he want to destroy this Th9 War Base, Witches and Skeletons will always get stuck behind the Walls, even If the attacker uses Earthquake Spells, there are still lots of compartments left.